NEW YORK – Another injury?
Yankees outfielder Joey Gallo left before the start of the fourth inning of Saturday’s game against the Indians at Yankee Stadium.
Manager Aaron Boone replaced Gallo with Tyler Wade.
Want more Yankees coverage? Get exclusive news, behind-the-scenes insight and the ability to text directly with the beat makers
The Yankees did not say why Gallo had to leave the game. He was 0-for-1 with a pop out at third base. Gallo hit two home runs in Friday night’s win.
We’ll update this story when the Yankees tell why Gallo left.
Yankees on Gallo:
TO A GALLOXY, FAR AWAY: OF Joey Gallo got a green light in HR solo in the second inning and an HR solo in the eighth inning on Friday, recording his 14th career multi-HR game and his sixth of the season (his first since 8/14 in Chicago-AL)…. his six multi-HR games are tied with Kansas City’s Salvador Perez (six) for most in the Majors this year
- Turned in four straight games with at least 1AB for the second time in his career (also 5G earlier this season from 6 / 26-7 / 1)… is the second Yankee to homer in four straight games this season, joining Giancarlo Stanton (four games from 08/23 to 27)… only 11 Yankees in franchise history have scored at least five consecutive games (last: Luke Voit from 08/17 to 26/20).
- Has 6HR in his last six games with at least 1AB.
- Nine of his last 16 hours have either tied the game (three) or put his team ahead (six)… six of his 12 hours with the Yankees have tied the game or given the Yankees the lead.
- Five of his last six hits and seven of his last 10 hits have been homers.
- 23 of his last 31H and 33 of his last 47H have been extra base hits (6 doubles, 1 triple, 26H).
- His 37 HR this season is the sixth-highest number of homers in the Majors and the fifth-highest in the AL.
- His three hits on Friday equaled his season high (fourth time, the first since 8/5 against Seattle).
Please subscribe to us now and support the local journalism YOU rely on and trust.
Brendan Kuty can be reached at [email protected].