If you are unable to send or receive a message from your BSNL SIM card on your phone, there may be some reasons for this. Either your top-up plan has expired or there is a problem with your SIM card. But there could be another reason, incorrect or old, SMSC or Message Center number. Message Center manages the send and receive processes from device to device. However, it keeps changing, so if you are unable to send or receive messages from your BSNL SIM card, here is a list of updated message center numbers for all states and how can you you modify it.
Also Read: BSNL Balance Check: How to Check BSNL Data, SMS, Talk Time, Prepaid Plan Validity – Inquiry Number Code List
BSNL Message Center Numbers For all states
To get the BSNL SMS center number for your state, see the list below.
|State names||SMS BSNL
|Jammu and Kashmir||+919417099997|
How to change the BSNL SMS center number?
Also Read: BSNL Recharge Plans and Deals 2021: Best BSNL Prepaid Plans for Data, Unlimited Calls, SIM Validity, SMS Benefits
Change BSNL message center number from message settings
The BSNL message center number is changeable, so if you plan to change it, follow the steps below.
- Launch the messaging app on your phone.
- In the upper right corner, there will be three dots, also called the Menu option. Press it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced. There will be an option named SMSC. Tap on it to edit it.
- Now copy the BSNL SMS center number for your state from the list above. Paste it and click Save.
- That’s it, you have changed the number of the BSNL SMS center from your phone. You can now send the SMS again.
Change BSNL message center number from USSD code
If your messaging app does not show the SMSC option, you can try changing the BSNL message center number from the USSD code on your phone.
- Dial *#*#4636#*#* on your phone on the dial pad.
- A prompt will appear, tap on phone info and scroll down.
- Look for the SMSC option and press the refresh button to view the current SMS center number.
- Now fill in the above BSNL SMS center number as per your condition and click update.
That’s it, your BSNL SMS center number has changed and you can now use it to send SMS.
Also Read: BSNL Validity Extension Plans 2022: List of All BSNL Top Up Plans to Extend Validity – Benefits and Prices
1) What are the benefits of using the BSNL Message Center/SMS Center number?
BSNL users can use the message center number to get in touch with the company on various issues. The SMS center number will respond quickly here with all the information a user needs.
2) Why is my BSNL message not sending?
BSNL messages are not being sent due to SIM card issues. Try using another SIM card or contact customer service for a better resolution.
3) How do I reset my BSNL message center number?
BSNL users can update or replace the message center number, but cannot reset it.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more informative and exclusive technology content, such as our Facebook page