Vodafone-Idea (Vi) is the country’s third-largest telecommunications operator after Airtel and Jio. Having one of the best download speeds in the country and offering newer services like VoWiFi, Vi is finally catching up to its rivals. See also demonstrated its 5G capabilities in Pune recently and said it was ready with SA and NSA networks. That said, with Vi increasing the prices of its prepaid 4G plans, it’s now more important than ever to control Vi’s data balance. While Vi offers all-night and weekend data rollover with some prepaid plans, it’s important to track your usage so you don’t run out of service when you need it most.
Here is a quick overview of how to check your Vi internet data balance, your SMS balance and the validity of your prepaid SIM card plan.
Read also : New Vi prepaid plans 2021: best Vodafone Idea recharge plans with talk time, validity
How to Check Vi 4G Internet Data Balance
You can easily check your data balance by dialing the USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code on your mobile. Just dial *199*2*2# and you will be greeted with a flash message indicating how much data is left for the day and if there is an additional data pack left.
How to Check Vi SMS Balance
Now, it is very important to check your SMS balance, as many plans do not come with SMS benefits. You won’t be able to send text messages if the plan you’ve selected only supports data and calls. To check your SMS balance, simply dial the number
*199*1*8# find out your SMS balance. You will receive a flash message on the SMS you have yet to send.
How to Check Vi Core Balance
Just dial *199*2*1# – This USSD code will verify the main balance of your Vi number. The code also gives you full information about all data packages and the validity of your number. Not only that, you will also get information about existing plans. Alternatively, you can also dial *199# or *121# for the same info.
How to check the validity of Vi
The USSD codes to check the validity of Vodafone Idea are the same as the main balance. Launch the dialer app and call *199#, *121#or *199*2*1#. A message will appear on your screen with the remaining validity information of your Vi mobile number.
How to Check Vi Balance Online
In addition to USSD codes, Vodafone Idea aka Vi subscribers can also check the balance and validity of their plans online through the Vi app, website and WhatsApp. Here’s how they work:
Checking Vi balance via app
The app will tell you how much data you have left for that day, the validity of the pack, and how much data you’ve collected for the weekend data transfer (on some plans). The app also gives you the option to top up your number if the existing plan has expired.
Checking Vi Balance via WhatsApp
- Vodafone Idea number balance and validity can also be checked via WhatsApp.
- Just add the number 9654297000 to your contacts and send Hello or Hi
- An automated message will appear.
- Tap on the menu, there you will see a balance option. Press it.
- Another message will appear. Select my balance by typing and sending 1.
- At first, it will ask you to confirm the phone number for which you want to recharge.
- Once confirmed, an OTP will be sent to your phone number. Type and confirm the OTP.
- After confirmation, you will get all your account details. Remaining data pack quantity, all additional pack details, your plan validity and weekend data transfer details.
Checking Vi Balance Online Using Website
You can also easily check your balance on the Vi website.
- Go to the site www.myvi.in
- You will need to log in to your account. Login via OTP
- Once logged in, you will see your prepaid dashboard. Here you will see your pack details. The amount of data remaining for that day, the validity of the plan, as well as the amount of data you collected for the weekend data transfer (on certain plans).
- By selecting the plan details, you will see your main Vi number balance, active services and last recharge dates. You can also recharge directly on the website.
Checking Vi balance via IVR
Just dial 199 and you’ll be greeted by a Vi IVR (Interactive Voice Response). Select your preferred language by dialing the preferred language the IVR gives you.
Proceed by dialing 1, you will obtain the balance of your data pack as well as its validity. You will also receive top-up offers with your request.
How do I get additional emergency data if my data pack is over?
Vi India offers additional data every month in case you run out of data. This feature is called Data Delights and is available on some prepaid plans. Just open the Vi app and you can claim 1GB mobile data for free. A pop-up window will appear when you check your package details. You can claim 2 GB of free data every month (1 GB of data per day)
Is SMS service included in all data plans?
Unfortunately, it is not the case. Text messages are available on some unlimited plans, so make sure that while you top up the provider explicitly mentions that you will receive free text messages like 100 per day.