Benefits of linking a mobile number to Aadhaar
You can validate the mobile number you provided when registering or when updating your Aadhaar contact details. If you did not register your cell phone number when you applied for Aadhaar, you will need to go to a permanent registration center to do so.
You will be able to access a variety of services, including government and non-government services, grants, pensions, scholarships, social benefits, banking services, insurance services, tax services, education, employment, health care, opening a bank account, applying for a passport, and so on if you keep your Aadhaar information up to date.
According to UIDAI, demographic details that can be updated are name, address, date of birth / age, gender, cell phone number, email address, status of relationship and consent to information sharing and biometric details that can be updated are iris, fingerprint and face. Photograph.
To update any of these credentials, Aadhaar cardholders can go through the preferred online mode or by visiting the Permanent Enrollment Center.
List of services that can be used after updating mobile number with Aadhaar
According to the official UIDAI website, the services related to Aadhaar that you can benefit from are:
- Checking Aadhaar details online or offline
- Checking the registered mobile number and email id online or offline
- Recovering lost Aadhaar card number
- Generation of a 16-digit VID number linked to the Aadhaar number and can be used in place of the Aadhaar number for authentication and e-KYC services.
- Offline checking of Aadhaar details
- Checking the link status of Aadhaar and bank account
- Aadhaar biometrics lock
- Check up to 50 previous authentication transactions on your Aadhaar.
- Locking and unlocking Aadhaar number
- Discover Aadhaar SMS services
How to link a mobile number with Aadhaar online?
Here are the steps that Aadhaar cardholders can take to link their cell phone number to Aadhaar.
- Visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile and now in the “Verify your email / mobile number in Aadhaar” section, enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number (UID), including including your cell phone number or email.
- Now enter the CAPTCHA code for verification and click on “Send OTP”
- You will now get a one-time password on your registered cell phone number or email id.
- Enter the received OTP and when the verification is successful, you will get a success message on the screen.