The Ajman Municipality and Planning Department is the government authority that oversees the public parking system in the emirate. The department allows motorists to pay for their parking in two ways:
• by text message
• via the department’s mobile application – ‘MPDA’ – which is available for Apple and Android devices.
Here is how you can pay for your parking by SMS:
Send an SMS to the number ‘5155’ with a message following this format:
For example: ‘AJM A 0123’
You will then receive an SMS confirming your parking reservation. However, it is important to note that if you choose to pay for parking by SMS, you will have to pay additional SMS charges, depending on your operator.
Additionally, when paying by SMS, you will only be allowed to pay for one hour at a time. If you only want to pay for half an hour or an hour and a half – which is possible in Ajman – you will have to pay for parking via the municipality’s application.
Dh2 for one hour of parking by SMS. This does not include SMS charges.
If you want to park your car for more than an hour, you can download the MPDA app, from Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Once you have downloaded the app, visit the app homepage and tap on “Parking Services” and select “Regular Parking”.
2. Next, select the duration of the parking reservation and press the “Credit card” button.
3. After that, you will be transferred to Ajman Municipality payment channel, where you will need to enter your credit card details.
You can also pay with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, or Google Pay, which saves you having to manually enter your credit card details.
4. After making the payment, you will receive a parking ticket confirmation with the reference number.
Here are the prices for public car parks in Ajman:
• Half an hour: Dh1
• One hour: Dh2
• One hour and a half: Dh3
• Two hours: Dh4
• Two and a half hours: 5 Dh
• Three o’clock: Dh6
• Three and a half hours: Dh7
• Four o’clock: Dh8
• Four and a half hours: 9 Dh
• Five hours: 10 Dh
Parking is chargeable in Ajman from Saturday to Thursday.
• Morning: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Evening: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Parking is free on Fridays and holidays.