A valid mobile number and email address registered to your savings account is essential not only for using net banking or mobile banking, but also for complying with KYC compliance and for experiencing secure banking based on one-time password (OTP). However, if you are a client of the State Bank of India (SBI), you obviously know that SBI offers Internet banking products for businesses and individuals as well as other value added services, and in order to benefit from all these services from the comfort of your mobile, you must link your mobile number to your SBI savings account. So, if you are a new SBI customer and want to know how to link your cell phone number and email id to your SBI savings account, follow the step by step guide below.
Steps to change mobile number with SBI savings account online
By following the instructions below, a Retail Internet Banking customer or a resident customer with an active ATM or debit card whose account is linked to their online banking username can update or change their mobile phone number online without going to the bank branch.
- Log in to OnlineSBI (https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm) and navigate to the âProfileâ section.
- Now click on “Personal Information” and enter your profile password.
- Your profile display name, email id, and mobile phone number registered in online banking will now be visible.
- Now click on the hyperlink “Edit mobile number – Domestic only (via OTP / ATM)” and a new page named “Personal details – Update mobile number” with three tabs “Create a request”, ” Cancel Request âandâ Status âappear.
- Now enter your “new mobile number” and re-enter your “new mobile number”.
- Now click on “Send” and a pop-up message “Check and confirm your mobile phone number xxxxxxxxxx” will appear on your device screen.
- Now click on “Proceed” and you will be redirected to a new page where you will have to choose an option from “By OTP on mobile number” and “IRATA: Approval of Internet banking request through an ATM” to approve the request to update the mobile number.
Steps to change mobile phone number with SBI savings account online through online banking
- Visit the SBI Internet Banking portal www.onlinesbi.com and go to “Profile-Personal details-Change mobile number”. in the “My accounts” section.
- Now on the next page select the account number, enter your cell phone number and click submit.
- Now the last 2 digits of your registered mobile number (not editable) will appear on the screen.
- Your registered mobile number will now be updated with the status of the mapping.
Steps to link mobile number to SBI savings account through SBI branch and ATM
Depending on the steps highlighted on the official SBI website, a client can also link their cell phone number to an SBI savings account through the offline means described below.
- Visit your nearest SBI branch and complete a letter of request.
- Submit the letter to the branch and once the verification is successful, the link will be made by the branch.
- An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number to notify you of the completion of the update request.
SBI vending machine
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM and select the âEnrollâ option from the available options.
- Now enter your ATM PIN code and select the option “Register mobile number” from the available options.
- Now select the option “Change mobile number” and enter your old mobile number, then confirm it.
- You will now be asked to enter the new cell phone number and confirm it.
- Different OTPs with the following message will be sent to your new and old mobile numbers:
- Please send the OTP and the reference number received by SMS of the new mobile number as well as the existing telephone number in the following format ACTIVATE IOTP VALUE + REF NUMBER TO 567676 within 4 hours.
- After successful verification of OTP and reference number, your mobile number will be updated efficiently.
Steps to check the update / change status of mobile number
Through online banking, you can check the status of your request to update or change your mobile phone number.
- Log in to OnlineSBI (https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.html) and navigate to the âProfileâ section.
- Now click on âPersonal Detailsâ and your profile display name, email ID and mobile phone number registered in online banking will appear on the screen.
- Now click on “Change mobile phone number – Domestic only (via OTP / ATM)”.
- A new screen “Personal details-Update mobile number” with three tabs “Create a request”, “Cancel request” and “Status” will appear on the screen.
- Now click on “Status” and the current status (Pending / Success) of your mobile phone number change request through online banking will be displayed.
- You can also cancel the request if you wish by clicking on the âCancel requestâ option.
How to update email id with SBI savings account?
- Log on to www.onlinesbi.com and navigate to âProfile-Personal Details-Edit Email IDâ under âMy Accountsâ, appearing on the left side of the screen.
- On the next page, select your account number, enter the email id and click Submit.
- Changes to your email address can be self-approved using the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Alternatively, you can also select the branch approval option and submit the same to the branch.
- The branch will proceed with the approval and the status of the mapping will be reported to you on your updated email id.
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advice
Article first published: Friday November 26, 2021, 2:25 PM [IST]