SAN MATEO, California, September 29, 2021 / PRNewswire / – OneSignal, Inc., a market leader in customer messaging, today announced the expansion of SMS capabilities as part of its multi-channel customer engagement platform. With robust SMS functionality, OneSignal provides a centralized platform to send personalized, automated and optimized messages at scale across multiple messaging channels.
“Our integrated solution is a unique tool that provides a seamless experience on web and mobile push, in-app messaging, emails and SMS to improve customer engagement and drive conversions,” said declared Georges deglin, co-founder and CEO of OneSignal. “SMS is a lightweight and highly efficient channel that allows businesses to communicate key information on the mobile, even with users who don’t have their app. OneSignal prides itself on our ease of use, reliability and quality of the developer experience, which makes it easy to deploy a multi-channel messaging strategy without significant development work. ”
SMS text messaging has the highest open and engagement rates among marketing channels, with a 97% read rate within 15 minutes of delivery. OneSignal customers can easily use their existing SDK and API integrations and add SMS to increase engagement and reach new audiences. OneSignal SMS supports all types of sender phone numbers including long codes, short codes, toll free numbers, and alpha sender IDs.
OneSignal offers SMS solutions throughout your customer journey. Businesses can add a web prompt to easily capture phone numbers and grow their engaged user base. The platform includes powerful features to send the right message at the right time, including personalization, target audience segmentation, emoji and multimedia support, and broadcast analytics. The new cross-channel retargeting feature allows users to easily combine push and SMS and optimize follow-up messages based on how your users interact with your messaging.
Over 2,600 businesses have implemented OneSignal SMS since its launch to convert leads, drive more purchases and increase brand loyalty. Here are examples of customers using SMS for marketing and transactional use cases:
- CHEQ, a food delivery app, triggers an SMS to send relevant information when a customer orders food, including confirming their order, notifying them when their delivery is in progress, and providing delivery updates .
- Tillful, an SMB financial app, text users when their scores change and to move them along the customer funnel. They send text messages to encourage their audience to take the next step, like asking for funding.
- CBD direct online, an online retailer of CBD products, uses texting to drive sales and increase revenue. SMS coupons have been shown to be very effective in boosting sales and revenue, with higher redemption rates than coupons from other channels.
- To recover, a sports betting site, uses text messages to alert users to new opportunities and encourage them to use bonuses. They also send out timely and relevant messages for upcoming games.
- Twigby, a wireless carrier, sends text messages to alert users to company and account updates. They also send messages to help activate new users on their network.
- BitcoinHub, a crypto app, uses text to enhance its security and send text verifications to authenticate users. Businesses can turn to texting to make sure the right person is accessing your services by sending a code directly to their device.
“SMS is a key communication channel for user engagement and gives businesses more choice in how they develop and engage their audiences. ” noted Josh wetzel, Director of Revenue at OneSignal. “SMS alerts are great for use cases like promotions, cart abandonment, order updates, user authentication, and more. “
OneSignal is trusted by over 1 million users and sends over 10 billion messages per day. For more information on integrating OneSignal messaging (push notifications, email, SMS, and embedded app) into your website and mobile apps, please visit www.onesignal.com/.
OneSignal is the industry’s leading customer messaging platform, providing integrated push notifications, emails, SMS, and messaging to over one million businesses. Founded in 2014 as a mobile application development company, OneSignal aims to enable effective communication to help big ideas evolve. OneSignal provides businesses of all sizes with professional-grade tools to develop and retain their digital audience. Founded by the alumni of Y Combinator Georges deglin and Long vo, OneSignal is supported by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures and Y Combinator. The company is based in San Mateo, California.
Lumina Communications for OneSignal