SMS is still relevant in the modern era of WhatsApp and Instagram. The former requires no internet connection to work. All you need to have is a valid active top-up plan. However, sometimes the SMS does not work and the SMS is not sent. One of the reasons could be an incorrect or old SMSC or Message Center number. SMS Center manages the send and receive processes from device to device. But this changes frequently, so if you are unable to send or receive messages from your Vodafone Idea SIM card, here is a list of updated Vi Message Center numbers for all states and how to change them.
Also Read: BSNL Message Center Number: List of All State BSNL SMS Center Numbers, How to Change, etc.
Vi message center number for all states
To get the Vi SMS center number for your state, see the list below.
|states||Vi message center number|
|Andhra Pradesh||+91 9885005444|
|Himachal Pradesh||+91 9736009911|
|Jammu and Kashmir||+91 9796009905|
|Madhya Pradesh||+91 9713099990|
|Mizoram||N / A|
|Nagaland||N / A|
|Tamil Nadu||N / A|
|Uttar Pradesh (UP WEST)||+91 9719009998|
|Uttar Pradesh (UPPER EAST)||+91 9839099999|
|West Bengal||+91 9732099990|
How to change the Vi SMS center number?
Change Vi message center number from message settings
The Vi SMS center number can be changed from the messaging app itself, here is how to do it.
- Open the messaging app on the phone.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen, also called the Menu option.
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose Settings.
- Find the Advanced option and tap on it, now select SMSC. Tap on it to edit it.
- Now from the list above copy the Vi SMS center number for your state. Paste it and click Save.
- Your Vi SMS center number has changed and you can send the SMS again.
Also Read: Vodafone Idea (Vi) 5G: Expected India Launch, 5G Speed Test, Trials, Spectrum, and More
Change Vi message center number from USSD code
If the above trick did not work and you are still having trouble changing the Vi SMS Center number, try the USSD code method by following the steps below.
- Open your phone’s dial pad in the call app.
- Dial *#*#4636#*#* on the dial pad.
- A pop-up will appear, tap on phone info and scroll down.
- Look for the SMSC option and press the refresh button to view the current SMS center number.
- Now grab the latest Vi SMS center number from the table above for your state and click Update.
Your Vi SMS center number has changed and you can now use it to send SMS.
What is the procedure for resetting my Vodafone SMS Center number?
From now on, you can only change the Vi SMS center number or update it, but you cannot reset it.
How do I get Vi SMS settings?
To receive Vi SMS settings via SMS, type ALL and send an SMS to 199 via your Vi SIM. You will receive an SMS with Vi APN settings, click OK and restart your phone.
Also read: Vi APN settings for 4G high speed internet: how to configure Vodafone Idea hotspot on your smartphone for internet access
Why does outgoing SMS not work in Vi?
The most basic reason why text messages are not being sent to your Vi SIM could be the expiry of the top-up plan or you may have exhausted your daily 100 text messages. If you are still having trouble, try changing the SMS center number using the steps above.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more informative and exclusive technology content, such as our Facebook page