Want to check the status of the ITR-V receipt? Here’s how to check without logging into your e-deposit account
New Delhi: The Income Tax Return Verification (ITR-V) is an acknowledgment that the income tax service sends after successfully receiving the taxpayer’s income statement. After verifying the verification, the applicant should take out a copy, sign it and send it to CPC Bangalore in order to complete the declaration filing process. After submitting it online to the Income Tax Service, the user has the option to check the status of the ITR-V receipt.
Filing electronically is a simple and convenient way to pay your taxes. You can even pay your taxes online. If you added your âdigital signatureâ during electronic filing, your return filing process is complete. You will receive the acknowledgment of receipt by the IT department by e-mail.
If you fail to verify your RTI within 120 days, it will be considered that you have never filed your RTI. This is why it is important to make sure that your RTI-V reaches the tax office on time for the RTI to be processed.
Check the status of the ITR-V receipt
Step 1. Visit https: // www. Incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal
Step 2: On the home page, scroll down to the âOur Servicesâ section. In this section, select âIncome Tax Return Status (RTI)â.
Step 3. A new page will appear on your screen. You will be asked to enter the acknowledgment number of the filed RTI and the mobile number that was mentioned when filing the RTI.
Step 4. Once this information has been entered, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent via SMS to your registered mobile number. Remember that the OTP is only valid for 15 minutes. Enter the OTP and click Submit.
Once the OTP is entered successfully, it will display the current status of the deposited RTI. If the ITR-V has reached the income tax department, it will display the status âITR verifiedâ. However, if the ITR-V has not yet reached the tax department, the status âAwaiting Electronic Verificationâ will be displayed.
Additionally, once the ITR-V has been received by the income tax department, you will receive a confirmation email or text message. Once your ITR has been verified, only then will ITR treatment begin. Once the ITR is processed, a notice of demand under subsection 143 (1) will be sent at a later date.
Things to consider
- ITR-V should only be submitted using a rapid post or regular post.
- Please ensure ITR-V prints are printed and accurate in black ink.
- Please ensure you have entered your original signature in the form before sending ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore,
- There is no restriction on the number of ITR-Vs that can be placed in an envelope.
- You are only allowed to print ITR-V on A4 size paper
Things to avoid
- ITR-V sent by mail will not be approved
- You don’t have to write anything on the back because ITR-V is a one page document
- Make sure the barcode is not interfered with during the process when submitting the ITR-V
- Do not fold the ITR-V form
- If you are sending multiple ITR-Vs, whether original or revised, be sure to print each one on a separate page.
- Note, no document should be attached to ITR-V when transmitting the same